Hi everyone,

Im writing from home! Im back eventually after a combined 9 1/2hr journey back from John O'Groats. It seems weird being back it looks like home but its sunny??? None of us remember any sun from before we left 2 weeks ago!! But nice!

I've had plenty of time to contemplate the last 2 weeks on the journey back. Im not sure what I was expecting to feel like after completing the ride, but I do feel slightly low and empty at the moment! Perhaps the return to reality or the fact the umbilical chord from the bike to me has now been cut, im not sure.... but I am happy I was able to complete the challenge.

Before we started the ride I suppose I was using it as a form of therapy, escapism, a way of growth as a human being...... the list goes on, you know the usual personal growth through achievement/personal endevour.. but the day after I dont really feel that way.

That aside I have seen some amazing scenery and experienced most exptremes of weather, incline, physical endurance and road surfaces from the very smooth to the bone shatteringly abysmal. The one thing I can say is that I have reall Experinced Britain! I feel I know it better now than ever. I have actually felt the wind in my face and the terrain though my Arse, ha ha. I have smelt the air and heard the traffic and wildlife (some brief memories of thousands of birds birds migrating to 2 deer running along the side of the road next to me, and the endless sheep and cows I've spoken to like a mad man along the way). The trip home in the van made this more apparent to me than ever. The true feeling of sights, sounds, smells etc has added to the experience and I feel like I have lived the last 2 weeks, rather than seeing it pass by through a window in a plastic cabin. That has been the real plus of the ride.

All in all my rather low key feelings now may indicate that the drug is the idea, and the challenge of training and actually doing the ride, was infact the therapy I was looking for and now its over the endless look for that kind of feeling has taken hold! Im addicted big time and have already been thinking about the next one.

Thanks to everyone for all your support over the last 2 weeks, and keep an eye out for the next adventure ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St David's-Ammondford